Better use of data for medication safety in hospitals

NHS hospital staff spend countless hours capturing data in electronic prescribing and medicines administration systems. Yet that data remains difficult to access and use to support patient care. This is a tremendous opportunity to improve patient safety, drive efficiencies and save time for frontline staff. I have just published a post about this challenge and Triscribe's solution. I would love to hear any comments or feedback on the topic...

How could we use this information better? What are hospitals already doing? Where are the gaps?

Thanks

1 reactions so far

Medication errors are an incredibly important area within the patient safety domain and I'm glad to see that companies like Triscribe are making data more visible within existing (ePMA) systems to help to improve this situation. I wonder if any of the following people might also have thoughts on this:
@Anna Bond, @Suzanne Bell, @Kirsten Smith, @Kay Fenwick, @Andrea Gill, @Janet Thomas, @NicStk, @Fiona M, @Jane Starr, @A Dickinson, @Charlotteamy160, @Rachel Bulloch, @Namrita, @Kat, @Angela Carrington, @Sophie O'Dolan, @Sharon, @Alison Smith, @Phaeds, @Seetal Jheeta Puaar, @Dakota

1 reactions so far