Moderation of content
All content on the hub is reviewed by a team of Patient Safety Learning moderators before it is published to ensure it meets our quality standards and is suitable and credible content. The moderators also monitor all the comments and conversations taking place in the hub communities. The role of the moderator is key to ensuring that the hub is a welcoming and safe place for people to share their experiences and knowledge and build vibrant communities.
Moderators ensure that any content shared meets our content criteria and rules for submission. See How to share content for more information. Moderators will, but their activities will not be limited to:
Communities and comments
Our team of moderators continuously monitor conversations in the communities and the comments on posts to ensure they meet the hub’s Acceptable use policy. Moderators will:
- Ensure that conversations are appropriate to patient safety
- Ensure that members do not purposefully move the conversation too far away from the original conversation or post
- Not allow inappropriate language or personal attacks on others
- Ensure comments on other member’s content are constructive and respectful
- Evaluate and action user reporting and community violations promptly and effectively, in its sole discretion
- Assist and respond in relation to any dispute or complaint
- Ensure confidentiality of personal information is not compromised
- Remove posts that breach our guidelines
- Provide advice on how to use the hub
- Suspend accounts and process appeals
- Block direct messaging if found to contain harmful and abusive content
Every piece of content on the hub has a ‘Was this content useful thumbs up button. which allows users to like a piece of content or a comment. Members can build up their hub reputation by the number of posts they make that receive a ‘thumbs up’. A member’s hub reputation will show on their profile (novice, fair, good, excellent and expert) and members will receive a notification when their reputation moves up to the next level.
Members who reach an ‘expert’ hub reputation are recognised as continuously submitting high quality content to the hub over a given period of time. These members will be able to post content on the hub through automated moderation. This is at Patient Safety Learning’s discretion and can be removed at any time.
If Patient Safety Learning deems your behaviour on the hub to be inappropriate you will receive advice and a warning from a moderator. Rules of using the hub are outlined in our Acceptable use policy and Terms and conditions pages. Users of the hub can also report content to the moderators. Moderators will take these reports seriously and look into the concerns raised.
Depending on the severity of behaviour, moderators will issue an email providing advice or containing the reason for the warning. The post or piece of content may be removed from the hub. Repeat offenders may have their account suspended or removed from the hub.
Patient Safety Learning will have final decision on all publication of content on the hub and has the right to remove content, take down conversations and suspend or close accounts at any time.
If you have a question about moderation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org