Acceptable use policy
Last updated: 1 July 2019
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to this website, www.pslhub.org (the hub), make contact with other users on the hub, link to the hub, or interact with the hub in any other way or with other members of the hub.
Please read through carefully before using the hub.
Who we are and how to contact us
the hub is a site operated by Patient Safety Learning ("we" or "us"). We are Patient Safety Learning, a charitable company registered with The Charity Commission for England and Wales (number 1180689) and Companies House (number 11067952).
We have our registered office at Patient Safety Learning, China Works, SB203, 100 Black Prince Road, Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ.
We are regulated by the Charity Commission for England and Wales.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
By using the hub you accept these terms
By using the hub, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use the hub.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
Our Website Terms and conditions also apply to your use of the hub.
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the hub, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. We will alert you to significant changes to these terms.
You may use the hub only for lawful purposes. You may not use the hub:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the hub in contravention of the provisions of our Website Terms and conditions
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- Any part of the hub;
- Any equipment or network on which the hub is stored;
- Any software used in the provision of the hub; or
- Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the hub, including, without limitation, chat rooms and bulletin boards ("interactive services").
In respect of our interactive services, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). For more information you can request our moderation guidelines by submitting a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on the hub, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the hub, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, you will be able to contact us by email to email@example.com.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the hub ("Contribution"), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
Patient Safety Learning will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content standards, and shall have the right to remove content, take down conversations, and close or suspend accounts at any time and for any reason.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts)
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions)
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person or company.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Promote violence
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Breach our Website Terms and conditions
- Promote any illegal activity
- Be in contempt of court
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, or infringe another's rights
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person, including by 'naming and shaming' a person or organisation
- Be submitted using a display name which is inappropriate, vulgar, or offensive
- Be in a language other than English unless agreed with us in writing in advance
- Purposefully move the topic of the discussion away from the original content or current conversation
- Contain spam or personal information of patients or colleagues
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Patient Safety Learning, if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism
- Contain any advertising or promotion of any services or web links to other sites for financial gain unless agreed with us in writing in advance
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the Website Terms and conditions upon which you are permitted to use the hub, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the hub including the suspension or closure of your account
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to the hub
- Issue of a warning to you
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- Further legal action against you
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law
- We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- Users of the hub can report any content which is in breach of our content standards by using the 'Report' button alongside the content or comment. However, deliberate misuse of this functionality is not permitted and shall be regarded as a breach of this policy.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.