This guidance from the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF) outlines how human factors as a discipline can help address issues relating to equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI).
It looks at situations that cause EDI issues, including:
- confusing user interface language and terminology.
- ill-fitting personal protective equipment (PPE).
- biases in equipment design.
It also examines the role of human factors in overcoming these issues, by:
- adopting a systems approach.
- using a participatory design process.
- applying specific HF methods to enhance EDI delivery.