This policy from the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) sets out their vision for digital, data and technology in health and care.
This policy sets out DHSC's priorities:
- digital services
- skills and culture.
Challenges to overcome:
- legacy technology and commercial arrangements
- complex organisational and delivery structures
- a risk-averse culture
- limited resources to invest
- a critical need to build and maintain public trust.
Describes four guiding principles:
- user need
- privacy and security
- interoperability and openness