This is the story of the avoidable death of Glyn Davies, as told by his sister Anne. Glyn had an obstruction of the small bowel caused by adhesions from previous surgery and died from aspiration pneumonia after two weeks in intensive care at The Royal Lancaster Infirmary. Glyn's family felt that the investigation following his death had not been dealt with well, with evidence being withheld from the Coroner. This included information in Glyn's medical notes that indicated he had caught the hard-to-treat bacterial infection Stenotrophomonas Maltophilia, from either the ventilator or tubes whilst in intensive care. The family then took legal action against The University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust and the case was settled out of court in March 2020.
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now