Kerala is a state in India. The Government of Kerala set up an Expert Committee on Strategy to look at easing lockdown restrictions and has produced the attached report.
The Committee identified the following health-related objectives of the lockdown withdrawal strategy:
1. Reduce spread of the COVID-19 virus.
2. Minimise loss of healthcare professionals and maximise their safety and availability to continue the work.
3. Increase case management capacity in existing hospitals and new hospitals.
4. Increase testing to eliminate community spread.
5. Ensure access to normal healthcare requirements of the population.
6. Maintain normal healthcare capacity during the coronavirus period.
7. Maintain public health initiatives (vaccinations, food/nutrition of children and pregnant/feeding mothers.