This document sets out the partnership agreement between:
- The Ministry of Justice
- Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service
- Public Health England
- The Department of Health & Social Care
- and NHS England.
It sets out the basis of a shared understanding of, and commitment to, the way in which the partners will work together.
This National Partnership Agreement sets out:
- the defined roles of the five partners
- the commitment to working together and sharing accountability for delivery through the linked governance structures
- core objectives and our priorities for 2018-21, and a link to the workplans that provide the details of the activities to deliver priorities
- how they are working together to improve data and evidence so that they can better understand the health needs of people in custody and the quality of health and social care services delivered to people in prisons.