This document sets out the policy statement and procedure for reporting, reviewing and investigating deaths of people who have been in receipt of services from the Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust. The policy demonstrates how Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust will quality monitor the process and provide the Board with assurance that deaths are being reviewed and learning/improvement is taking place to benefit future patients.
The document provides clear guidance to staff on the following:
1. Which deaths to report.
2. How to report.
3. The process following reporting.
4. Establishing the level of investigation to be undertaken.
5. Involving loved ones, families and carers.
6. The role of the family liaison officer.
7. Learning through the serious incident and mortality forums.
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now