Leaders from across the healthcare system agree that for the LGBTQ+ population to recover and thrive after the COVID-19 pandemic, the way services are designed and delivered, and the workforce environments they are delivered in, must change.
Following a scoping roundtable and consultation with the Health and Care LGBTQ+ Leaders Network members, the NHS Confederation have developed a series of recommendations to help healthcare leaders, service designers and commissioners ensure their services and workplaces meet the needs of the LGBTQ+ population:
- Create visible leadership and confident staff.
- Create a strong knowledge base.
- Be non-heteronormative and non-cisnormative in everything you do.
- Take responsibility for collecting and reporting data.
- Listen to your service users.
- Proactively seek out partners to co-deliver services.
Read them in more detail by downloading the attached info-poster.