From the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic in the UK, Patient Safety Learning has been working with others in healthcare – from patients and staff to healthcare leaders and politicians – to identify the impact the pandemic is having on non COVID-19 treatment and care, and on patient safety.
Recently, Patient Safety Learning hosted a webinar, in partnership with HealthPlusCare, titled ‘Patient safety: Time for questions? Non Covid-19 care and treatment’. The webinar took place on Wednesday 6 May, with a panel consisting of:
- Professor Maureen Baker CBE, Chair of the Professional Records Standards Body and past Chair of the Royal College of GPs
- Professor Mike Bewick, Chair of CECOPS and past Deputy Medical Director to Sir Bruce Keogh at NHS England
- Dr Jane Carthey, Human Factors and Patient Safety Specialist
- Mike Fairbourn, Chair of ABHI Patient Safety Working Group and BD Country General Manager
- Dean Russell MP, MP for Watford and member of the Health and Social Care Select Committee
- Claire Cox, Patient Safety Learning’s Associate Director of Patient Safety and Critical Care Outreach Nurse
- Helen Hughes, Patient Safety Learning’s Chief Executive
We are delighted with the success of the webinar, with 542 participants. Those who attended represented stakeholders from across the health and care system, and were well-engaged, making good use of the chat, Q&A and polls.
To read more about our top highlights and takeaways from the webinar, and how we're using your questions and concerns to shape our work in non COVID-19 care and patient and staff safety, please see our blog.
We'd love to hear more of your views and questions to help inform Patient Safety Learning's future webinars. Please share ideas for topics in our Community thread.