This presentation by the European Patient Safety Foundation (EPSF) outlines the issues associated with healthcare worker fatigue and highlights case studies of interventions to help fight fatigue in healthcare. It introduces the Fight Fatigue in Europe campaign and outlines its five-year action plan to #FightFatigue.
The presentation highlights five key challenges related to healthcare worker fatigue:
- Variety of local and national contexts
- Fatigue and powerlessness of the healthcare worker
- Cultural representations of fatigue
- Trivialisation of healthcare staff fatigue in society
- Variety and complexity of work environments
It also outlines the goals of the Fight Fatigue in Europe campaign:
- Mobilise national organisations concerned with HCW fatigue and those who want to change behaviour and policies. We need to succeed in taking into account the complexity and variety of HC staff work environments (staff category/working conditions/stakeholders).
- Support national organisations in the deployment of their national FF campaign. We need to succeed in reaching a target audience in a variety of national/local contexts.
- Launch communication actions on European level to which the national and European organisations can link and have more impact. We need to succeed in giving weight to their communication and advocacy work and appear as a coordinated European dynamic.
0 reactions so far
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now