I have heard of a different problem. There was a patient that did not want to be resuscitated, they had a form, it was discussed with them and their family. However, the form was deemed not valid as it was not signed by a consultant with in the 72 hours. The patient subsequently arrested and had to be resuscitated due to the from being 'invalid'.
What are your thoughts on this and what can be dont to prevent this from happening ( I'm sure this isn't an isolated case)
Registered address:
Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ
Important Information
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.
It has been in the news of nurses not wanting to perform CPR on patients who were frail and in nursing homes - https://www.nursingtimes.net/roles/care-home-nurses/the-implications-of-an-nmc-caution-for-nurse-who-did-not-perform-cpr-26-06-2017/ written by @Ken Spearpoint.
I have heard of a different problem. There was a patient that did not want to be resuscitated, they had a form, it was discussed with them and their family. However, the form was deemed not valid as it was not signed by a consultant with in the 72 hours. The patient subsequently arrested and had to be resuscitated due to the from being 'invalid'.
What are your thoughts on this and what can be dont to prevent this from happening ( I'm sure this isn't an isolated case)