The Becker's Clinical Leadership & Infection Control editorial team chose the top 10 patient safety issues for healthcare leaders to prioritise in 2021, presented below in no particular order, based on news, study findings and trends reported in the past year.
- Healthcare staffing shortages
- Missed and delayed diagnoses
- Drug and medicine supply shortages
- Low vaccination coverage and disease resurgance
- Clinical burnout
- Health equity
- Healthcare-associated infections
- Surgical mistakes
- Standardising safety efforts.
Source: Becker's Healthcare, 30 December 2020