This patient decision aid from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) aims to help patients with high blood pressure understand the risks and benefits of different treatment options so that they can make an informed decision about their care.
The patient decision aid includes:
- a description of the condition and possible illnesses that could develop as a result.
- a list of the options for treatment
- a table detailing what treatment involves, and the advantages and disadvantages of different options, including doing nothing.
- space to note other factors and preferences that may affect the treatment decision.
- details of available medications, their possible side effects and contraindications.
- a diagram illustrating the relative risk of experiencing different side effects.