This guideline covers identifying, assessing and managing the long-term effects of COVID-19, often described as ‘Long COVID’. It makes recommendations about care in all healthcare settings for adults, children and young people who have new or ongoing symptoms 4 weeks or more after the start of acute COVID-19. It also includes advice on organising services for Long COVID.
This guideline includes recommendations on:
- identifying people with ongoing symptomatic COVID-19 or post-COVID-19 syndrome
- assessing people with new or ongoing symptoms after acute COVID-19
- investigations and referral
- planning care
- follow-up and monitoring
- sharing information and continuity of care
- service organisation.
Who is it for?
- Health and care practitioners
- Health and care staff involved in planning and delivering services