Skip to content

Early Adopters for PSIRF

Hi Helen,

Do you know which CCGs nationally have providers who are working as the early adopters of the new patient safety framework and how we would get contact details for the CCG patient safety teams?  It would be helpful to learn more about what their role is and that starting point with their providers so I can feedback to our exec team.

 

Many Thanks

Mary-Jo

Featured Replies

Hi Mary-Jo,  a very good question and I’d very much like to know the answer! These providers are known by some informally, but I don’t think have been reported publicly. 

Maybe hub members know? @Jon Holt would be able to help on this. @Claire Cox do you know? 
 

Let’s see if we can collectively source the information to help Mary-Jo.

  • Author

Thanks Helen, I can confirm that the Isle of Wight is one so in the process of getting the CCG patient safety contact details to get more info for Sussex CCGs. Happy to update the group on anything useful that may support other CCGs.

 

MJ

Early adopters are identified on the national website here and I've copied below:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/patient-safety/incident-response-framework/

If anyone has contact details for any of them and are happy to share (not via a public post) it would be really appreciated

 

List of early adopters

We are working with groups of organisations in each NHS region as early adopters, together with one organisation that works nationally.

Listed by region, the early adopter organisations are:

East

  • Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
  • East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust
  • Essex Partnership University Foundation Trust
  • West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
  • NHS Suffolk and North East Essex CCG/ICS

London

  • London Ambulance Service NHS Trust
  • North West London Collaboration of CCGs

Midlands

  • Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
  • Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust
  • Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
  • Derbyshire Health United
  • University Hospital Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
  • NHS Derby and Derbyshire CCG/STP

National

  • Care UK (Independent provider of healthcare in prisons)

North East and Yorkshire

  • Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
  • NHS Leeds CCG

North West

  • East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
  • NHS East Lancashire CCG

South East

  • Isle of Wight NHS Trust
  • NHS Isle of Wight CCG

South West

  • Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
  • Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
  • NHS Kernow CCG

 

  • Author

Great, thanks for that Jon, really helpful.

MJ

Thank you @Jon Holt. Hadn’t realised they were publicly available 

And this got me wondering. Are there national or regional networks of Patient safety managers?  

I know that trusts and CCGs have been contacted regard identifying patient safety specialists. Once these are established there will be nationally supported networks set up. I would guess patient safety specialists will have a role in supporting effective implementation of PSIRF

Sounds good. I know the timeframe has been put back because of the pandemic. Will be really good to get those networks established. Trust and CCGs?

Yes, Trusts and CCGs have been written to asking them to identify their patient safety specialists by November 2020 with intention that those identified will be working full time in the role by April 2021.

On 17/09/2020 at 18:20, Mary-Jo Patterson said:

Great, thanks for that Jon, really helpful.

MJ

@Mary-Jo Patterson a contact from NHSE&I has advised me that they are looking at some kind of event up in new year to share learning from early adopters although nothing has been communicated formally yet so don't think this is set in stone. 

It may be worth putting the feelers out with any contacts you have at NHSE&I whether anything is being planned in your region too

  • Author

Thanks all for this information - really helpful.

I've a meeting scheduled with @cheryl crocker the PS Directors for the AHSNs. I'll raise with her and feedback.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.