The Department of Health & Social Care are working with Traverse, a research organisation, to appoint 15 people to a patient reference group. This group will work with DHSC as it develops and implements the Government’s response to the Report of the Independent Medicines and Medical Devices Safety Review (IMMDS Review).
What will the group be doing?
- Meeting online to share experiences, ideas and recommendations.
- Helping to shape the Government’s response to the IMMDS Review, ensuring that patient voices are heard in the process.
- Providing advice, challenge, and scrutiny as the Government implements its response.
They are looking for people who:
- Have a personal experience of or understand the context of the IMMDS Review.
- Are committed to improving the experience of patients.
- Want to engage with others on the group and DHSC representatives to support the development and implementation of the Government’s response to the IMMDS Review.
- Can consider complex and emotive issues in a balanced and sensitive way.
- Have good communication skills, and want to build strong working relationships with the rest of the group.
They are also looking for a co-chair to support group members contribute to the group and make sure group members are heard. If you know the English healthcare system well and are comfortable working on sensitive issues, take a look at the recruitment pack to find out more about the co-chair role and how to apply.
If you are interested in getting involved, contact IMMDSRPatientGroup@traverse.ltd for the recruitment pack and more information on how to apply.