Skip to content

Suze

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Suze

  1. Community Post
    My adult daughter has had significant issues getting her ADHD medication, which has been the case since last summer, and is a known issue. Each month she has to scour pharmacies across the county and go back and forth to the GP to change the prescription to something that might match available supply. She is unable to work without her medication as she can't focus or concentrate. I have heard that an ADHD person being without their medication is like a paraplegic being without a wheelchair - they won't die but their ability to function is significantly impaired. I have had a shortage of Calcium plus Vitamin D tablets to go with my alendronic acid osteoporosis treatment. I wasn't offered an alternative, even though there are many others. and getting an appointment with the GP to request a change is almost impossible. So I had to buy my own medication from the internet. I was not warned of the potential issues of not taking the supplement while continuing to take the alendronic acid. Had I continued to take alendronic acid without extra calcium I could have developed hypocalcaemia. Others may not have been able to buy the calcium themselves or get the right dose. I eventually managed to get an alternative after 3 months.
Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.