Skip to content

Cassandria

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cassandria

  1. Community Post
    I must have been very lucky, as my hysteroscopy was hardly even uncomfortable, despite a biopsy being taken at the same time. However, the nurse who was performing it had not been trained to remove the polyps she spotted; so I went back a few weeks later to have them removed. I was told women generally found polypectomies easier than hysteroscopies so I was not worried, and refused the gas & air that was made available to me at the start of the procedure (which did surprise me, and made me wonder why I might need it if polypectomies weren't generally painful). I found the local anaesthetic injection into the cervix surprisingly painful, but thought the pain would go after a few seconds; however, to be honest, I don't know that I felt any numbing of my cervix. However, the procedure progressed and I was surprised how uncomfortable it was. I don't know when uncomfortable tipped into pain tipped into unbearable. It was all very confused. I asked for the gas and air but I don't know that made any difference either. I tolerated it as long as I could, but I had to tell the consultant to stop and that I couldn't continue with the procedure. None of the nurses seemed at all surprised I had stopped it, and all of them (there were 4 people in the room during the procedure) said they had felt I was 'going' ie beginning to pass out. Because I'd had gas and air I was told I'd have to sit outside the door for 10 minutes before I could go. There seemed no attempt at all to check on me though so I left myself after 10 minutes. No aftercare given or suggested. I began to cry on my way home, shocked, in pain and somewhat traumatised.
Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.