Skip to content

Irum

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Irum

  1. Community Post
    I have ME and fibromyalgia diagnoses. I had to change GP several times to get anyone to take me seriously and listen to me when I first approached with a wide range of symptoms and a hypothesis, having knowledge of the conditions due to a family member having it too. I experienced unnecessary suffering at the hands of GPs who were not interested in what I had to say, some who seemed to want to frame me as a depressed young perosn who just wanted an excuse to be signed off sick from work. I only got a GP to listen to me after a mental health charity's advocate helped me to make a complaint. It should not have come to this. That advocacy service has of course since being decommissioned so what would I do if this happened now, I don't know. The current culture does not value patients as experts in themselves or as potentially intelligent people. After many years I made it to a specialist ME + fibro service. I have had to contact PALS recently due to poor administrative processes giving patients additional unnecessary burden. I had to be the messenger between my Dr and his secretary, had to ask for specific times for appts so that we could do x and y test during the appt. I have to repeatedly call and email when clinics get cancelled and rescheduled. It is a waste of spoons. It is baffling that the Dr and his secretary don't have the channels to communicate between themselves and that I am brought into it all.
Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.