Skip to content

Teresa1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Teresa1

  1. Community Post
    I was recently referred on the 2 week potential cancer pathway after a bleed 6 years post menopause. Within a week I had an internal ultrasound which was fine procedure wise but my womb line is a bit thick at 4.7 mm so I was phoned on same day as the ultra sound with an appointment for hysteroscopy. I informed the nurse on the phone that after a hysteroscopy in 2016 I would be unable to tolerate a walk in appointment and would need GA. She said I would still need to see the consultant face to face and go from there…I feel that this wastes valuable time when a hysteroscopy has been indicated for diagnosis. Anyway saw consultant 2 weeks ago. Saw chair set up, listened to consultant outline the process. Informed consultant that my mum had aggressive cancer at aged 52 all was noted. Also informed her that I had endured an extremely painful hysteroscopy before and I would not be undergoing the procedure today. She continued to take a few notes and suggested that I may change my mind as there is a wait for GA hysteroscopy I said no I was not prepared to endure the procedure which was to include a biopsy in those circumstances. Sentences like…it’s just like a smear test…you’ve had children etc were uttered but I refused. I was finally dismissed to a nurse to record BMI with the doctor completing a pink GA referral form. I felt gas lighted and a bit panicked knowing that now I have a wait for the procedure. I wonder how long women are waiting from seeing consultant to getting the GA hysteroscopy…I realise there may be regional differences. I’ve even considered going privately but the cost is obviously a big consideration, also I enquired and it could be 6 weeks until actual procedure. Also if I need treatment would I be able to go back to nhs or be stuck in the private loop… Like everyone I just want to know what’s wrong and deal with it. Apologies for the waffle.
Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.