Skip to content

Jules Gabrielle

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jules Gabrielle

  1. Community Post
    I had an outpatient hysteroscopy at Treliske Hospital in Cornwall. I was dreading it due to concerns about pain, but I found the procedure was fine in my case. I experienced only discomfort and no pain, even when a biopsy was taken. The surgeon was very careful and skillful and he did give me a local anaesthetic injection into the cervix, so I am sure that made a difference. I had taken Paracetamol and Ibuprofen an hour before. The nurses were kind and reassuring, and they and the surgeon chatted to me during the procedure to keep me calm and distracted. I have say I am extremely impressed by the team at RCHT Cornwall and can honestly say the procedure was only uncomfortable at times and not painful or traumatic at all. I wanted to share this in case it helps anyone worrying about undergoing a hysteroscopy. FYI I am aged 54, perimenopausal, on low-dose HRT, never had children. Not sure if any of those factors make a difference.
Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.