Skip to content

Pipsqueaker

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Pipsqueaker

  1. Community Post
    I had this procedure today and it was absolutely horrendous. I received no pain relief, was told the pain was ‘like period pain’. It wasn’t. It was like being stabbed. Bled profusely for most of the day. I was told to take ‘paracetamol’ an hour before the procedure, which I did and it made absolutely no difference. The consultant said it would be ‘uncomfortable’ because I was post menopause. This procedure should not be given without anaesthetic, a local to the cervix at the minimum. I went into shock, collapsed and ended up with very low blood pressure due to the procedure. The NHS staff were very kind and considerate. It was a female consultant who I was very happy with but there should be more honesty in how traumatic this procedure is. For me, the consultant took 6 attempts to actually get into the uterus which was excruciating. I has to have another ‘round’ as the camera was then removed and the biopsy taken. i have had a colonoscopy, endoscopy and cystoscopy, all without anaesthetic, this was the worst procedure out of all of them.
Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.