Skip to content

Cake

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cake

  1. Community Post
    I had a post menopausal bleed several weeks ago and was given an appointment for an ultrasound scan and/ or hysteroscopy. I deliberately only read the NHS information on hysteroscopy rather than personal experiences at that point, since I was nervous enough about the possibility of having the procedure. On the day, I had the scan and then saw the consultant who advised that a hysteroscopy would be required for further investigation. I’m not good with any sort of internal examination and I expressed how anxious I was. I also asked what my options were, because I had read about being given a type of sedative beforehand, so was thinking of that really. My consultant advised that I had 3 options: have the procedure there and then and therefore get it over with, come back at a later date, or have it done under general anaesthetic. I opted for the latter and it’s only since doing a lot more reading and coming across sites like this, that I realise how ‘fortunate’ I was to be offered that option. Some of the experiences that I’ve read about are truly shocking. I know that it’s a different experience for everyone, but it should surely be the norm to be offered a choice as to how you prefer to have the procedure done given the high percentage of women for whom it’s painful. I’m grateful to Wrightington, Wigan & Leigh Hospital trust for giving me that option.
Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.