Skip to content

Goldie Locks

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Goldie Locks

  1. Community Post
    I had a hysteroscopy today and went into the examination room terrified and tearful after reading previous reviews. Please ladies believe me It’s fine albeit a bit uncomfortable to start. Nurses were great and reassured me I would be in total control and could stop at any point. I could even walk away at that point and elect to have it done under general anaesthetic. My pain threshold isn’t overly strong but decided to give it a go. The consultant was excellent and explained fully. I had a speculum inserted which was fine. No discomfort at all. I then had three local anaesthetic injections into my cervix. I’m not going to lie. These were quite uncomfortable but not excruciatingly painful. The discomfort of each lasted a few seconds each. Please don’t worry as not as bad as they sounded. Just relax. I then asked how long the procedure would last. The nurse said ‘only a couple of minutes more!’. I did not realise the probe had been inserted and the consultant was doing his job. He even took biopsies and I could not feel a thing. I was fine straight after and got up and went to get changed. About 10 minutes later I had horrendous period like cramps and once home lay down with a hot water bottle but within an hour they were gone and I was fine. I had a little bit of bleeding after for about 24 hours but that was it. Im fine now so please ladies do not be afraid. Relax. I had a lovely consultant and cannot praise him and hiscstaff enough at Withybush Hospital in Wales
Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.