Skip to content

Cje73

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cje73

  1. Community Post
    I have just had a hysteroscopy and a polyp removed. I am on hrt but have had on off bleeding which seems linked to when I change from one type of patch to the next. I had previously had an internal ultrasound scan when they also took a biopsy but unfortunately it was too small so needed to come back. I found the previous procedure (taking the biopsy not the scan) more painful than the hysteroscopy. Having gone through the biopsy before I was extremely anxious about the hysteroscopy. On both occasions the staff were amazing and so reassuring. Before the hysteroscopy they told me that I was in complete control and they would stop at anytime if needed. Had the local anaesthetic which stung a little and then the water pumped inside before the camera went in. Lots of distracting and amusing chat and had gas and air if I wanted it but didn’t require it - just squeezed the nurses hand! Felt very crampy when the camera first went into the womb but wasn’t too uncomfortable. They then removed it and pushed up the instrument to remove the polyp which again made me winch but the removal of the polyp wasn’t too bad. Now a bit tender and crampy but also had the coil fitted too so could be that. This was at the Perth Royal Infirmary and I can’t rate them highly enough. Definitely the gold standard! Feel very lucky.
Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.