Skip to content

EJH

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by EJH

  1. Community Post
    I just had a hysteroscopy and biopsy done privately, and wanted to offer my experiences. As I was self paying, I wanted to try and have the procedure under LA due to the significant additional costs of a GA. However, having never had children, my consultant advised that it would be more difficult to access the cervix. She offered to examine me before the procedure, to see if I experienced any serious pain in the cervix. Then I would have the option to defer the procedure and pay the extra for a GA. Upon examination, I didn’t feel anything but light cramping. The actual hysteroscopy was more uncomfortable - akin to strong period pains. I had a LA injection in the cervix and had taken paracetamol and ibruprofen an hour beforehand. The nurses were very caring, holding my hand and giving positive affirmations, and I was able to breathe through it. The biopsy was the worst part, but over in seconds. There was some minor bleeding afterwards, and a light stomach ache for the rest of the evening, but I felt fine the next day. Completely understand that every woman is different and I do personally have a very high pain threshold, but I think the consultant’s offer of a prior examination “test run” made all the difference and hopefully this empowers other women to ask for that before jumping straight in and potentially suffering unbearable pain.
Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.