Skip to content

Sarah Denton

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sarah Denton

  1. E682ebab014a55f5439166e2b569c51a
    Thank you Dr Sundir. I believe culture does have to change about talking about women's issues. It is not acceptable to play down the pain caused by a hysteroscopy, trivializing it to that of discomfort and period like pain and inferring that if it is bad then you are at fault and have a low pain threshold. Pain is too complex and I am very concerned at the tsunami of phsyco biophysical babble that is interfering with dealing with the serious issue of pain. I like your comment "everybody feels it". With the obvious pressures of finance within the NHS, I do think we need to put the breaks on and give more time to this procedure so that informed consent is obtained, that a calm caring supportive environment is created. That as you said, across the board the wide range of pain relief should be available to all. Your practice of using a local safety standards for invasive procedures check list would I think challenge a lot of staff to treat it with more respect if introduced nationally.
Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.