Skip to content

Fiona

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Fiona

  1. Community Post
    My experience of hysteroscopy was horrendous. I had a brief conversation beforehand with a very patronising Doctor, and was then told to lie on the bed with my feet in stirrups. Nobody warned me about the pain I was going to experience. I think there were four male doctors there in total - all staring at my vagina, which was intimidating enough, without everything else. Not one of them looked at my face or addressed me by my name at any point. I was just a vagina and a womb to them. Thank God there was a very kind and compassionate female nurse by my side who held my hand throughout. As other people have said, the procedure was barbaric and inhumane. I was shocked and terrified by the level of pain I was experiencing, and found myself weeping and gasping and I started to black out. The nurse gave me some water. I thought I was going to vomit. It was humiliating, de-humanising and really frightening. Afterwards, when I had stopped shaking, I had another brief chat with the Consultant in which I told him I thought he should have warned me about how painful the procedure was gong to be. He actually rolled his eyes.
  2. Community Post
    This resonates massively. I experienced similar levels of pain when I had a hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy. I was surrounded by FOUR male doctors and not one of them made any attempt at compassion. Thank god there was a female nurse there too - she held my hand throughout. Afterwards the Doctor rolled his eyes when I told him it was the most painful thing I had ever endured. It was a horrible, horrible experience. I cannot believe we are not even warned.
Registered address: Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.