In this episode of Radio 4's Women's Hour, presenter Emma Barnett discusses the health inequalities impacting on women in relation to medical understanding, funding and research.
- Women's Health Minister, Nadine Dorries
- Dr Elinor Cleghorn, cultural historian and author of 'Unwell Women - A journey through medicine and myth in a man-made world'
- Listener Judi who suffers from pelvic mesh complications
- Prof Hashim Hashim, a urological surgeon with specialist skill in mesh removal.
Listen to the full episode here (you'll need a BBC Sounds account)
- Regulatory flaws: Women were catastrophically failed in the mesh, Primodos and Sodium Valproate tragediesDangerous exclusions: The risk to patient safety of sex and gender bias (Patient Safety Learning)
- Gender bias: A threat to women’s health (Sarah Graham)
- The normalisation of women’s pain (Lisa Rampersad)
- ‘Women are being dismissed, disbelieved and shut out’ (Stephanie O’Donohue)
- Women’s Health Strategy: Call for evidence (Department of Health and Social Care)
- Improving hysteroscopy safety (Patient Safety Learning, November 2020)