Fake medicines and medical devices bought online can lead to serious negative health consequences. Buying from dodgy websites also increases the risk of being ripped off through credit card fraud or having your identity stolen.
The #FakeMeds campaign, run by Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), helps you protect your health and money by providing quick and easy tools so you can avoid fake medical products when you shop online.
The website includes links to:
- Information on the #FakeMeds campaign
- Register of authorised online sellers of medicine
- How to use self-test kits safely
- Yellow Card to report any suspected fake medicines or side effects
- Information about the CE Mark