The Yellow Card Scheme helps the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) monitor the safety of all healthcare products in the UK to ensure they are acceptably safe for patients and those who use them. On the Yellow Card Scheme website you can report a suspected incident or problem.
Reports can be made for all medicines including:
- side effects (also known as adverse drug reactions or ADRs)
- medical device adverse incidents
- defective medicines (those that are not of an acceptable quality)
- counterfeit or fake medicines or medical devices
- safety concerns for e-cigarettes or their refill containers (e-liquids).