This customisable, educational toolkit published by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) aims to help ICUs reduce rates of central line-associated bloodstream infection (CLABSI) and catheter-associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI).
The materials can be used to assess current safety practice, implement new approaches and overcome particular challenges related to CLABSI and CAUTI in ICUs.
- ICU assessment
- ICE assessment response guide
- Action plan template
- CUSP onboarding modules, laying a foundation to implement a program of preventing CLABSI and CAUTI
- CLABSI and CAUTI prevention modules, providing an introduction to the tiered interventions
- Playbook for preventing CLABSI and CAUTI in the ICU setting: connecting the dots between CUSP and the tiered interventions
- CLABSI and CAUTI learning tools
- APIC HAIs calculator tools
Overcoming common challenges
- Team engagement tools
- Team functioning tools
- Overcoming clinical mindset tools
- Safety culture tools