Getting It Right First Time (GIRFT) is designed to improve the quality of care within the NHS by reducing unwarranted variations. By tackling variations in the way services are delivered across the NHS, and by sharing best practice between trusts, GIRFT identifies changes that will help improve care and patient outcomes, as well as delivering efficiencies such as the reduction of unnecessary procedures and cost savings.
This GIRFT report for rheumatology makes 23 recommendations to improve care for patients including:
- redesigning services for patients with non-inflammatory painful musculoskeletal conditions.
- reducing hospital visits.
- improving access to care for rare conditions.
You will need a FutureNHS account to view this report, or you can watch:
- a short video summary of the report which includes key recommendations.
- the recording of a webinar about the report held on 1 October 2021.
Rheumatology: GIRFT Programme National Specialty Report (September 2021) https://www.gettingitrightfirsttime.co.uk/medical-specialties/rheumatology/
0 reactions so far
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now