The Royal College of Anaesthetists set up PatientsVoices@RCoA to help the College improve the delivery of safe, more effective, patient-centred care to enhance patients’ experience of anaesthesia and perioperative care. This plan by PatientsVoices@RCoA aims to set out a clear direction for our future work which ensures patients’ voices are clearly heard across all relevant activities, as the College delivers its strategic aims over the next five years.
The three strands of the strategic plan
PatientsVoices@RCoA aims to achieve its purpose and vision by focusing on our three strategic pillars:
1. Strengthening our voice
- establish ourselves as the voice of patients for anaesthesia and perioperative care
- improve our knowledge of healthcare services (especially anaesthesia and perioperative care) and the challenges members face so we can contribute authoritatively and effectively to College activities
- improve the breadth and depth of our influence by continuing to build a diverse team and
- champion equality, diversity and inclusion in everything we do and say.
2. Improving how we communicate the views of patients internally and externally
- be visible and audible advocates for the College and PatientsVoices@RCoA by utilising opportunities to raise our profile and promote meaningful patient engagement
- engage with stakeholders in a constructive and supportive way when representing the voice of patients
- explore ways of extending our reach by improving our understanding of a broader range
- of patients’ and the public’s views and priorities.
3. Increasing our impact by developing effective ways of working
- develop and use a variety of approaches to ensure patients’ voices positively impact on the College’s activities and recommendations about patient care
- evolve into an influential team whose members work effectively and efficiently whilst enjoying and valuing their individual roles with the College
- ensure we use our resources wisely to realise our potential contribution to the College whilst minimising our impact on the environment.
If you would like to find out more about the work of PatientsVoices@RCoA, please get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org.