The Care Quality Commission's new assessment framework will apply to providers, local authorities and integrated care systems.
Their ratings and key questions will stay central to their approach. They will continue to use:
- 5 key questions (safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led)
- 4-point ratings scale (outstanding, good, requires improvement and inadequate).
The link to the CQC webpage below contains guidance on:
- Assessing quality and performance
- Key questions and quality statements
- People's experience of health and care
- How we will roll out our new assessments
- Evidence categories
- I statements.