Together with 28 organisations from across the dental sector, the General Dental Council (GDC) has developed a set of universal principles for handling complaints about dental professionals. The six core principles provide a simple template for best practice, helping professionals and patients to get the most from feedback and complaints, for the benefit of all.
The six core principles are (to the GDC):
- All of your feedback is important to us.
- We want to make it easy for you to raise a concern or complain, if you need to.
- We follow a complaints procedure and keep you informed.
- We will try to answer all your questions and any concerns you raise.
- We want you to have a positive experience of making a complaint.
- Your feedback helps us to improve our service.