Infographic summarising the key messages from the MBRRACE-UK 2018 report 'Saving Lives, Improving Mothers’ Care'.
Key learning points
- Always consider individual benefits and risks when making decisions about pregnancy.
- Continuing medication or preventing illness with vaccination may be the best way to keep both mother and baby healthy - ask a specialist.
- Black and Asian women have a higher risk of dying in pregnancy.
- Older women are at greater risk of dying
- Be body aware - some symptoms are normal in pregnancy but know the red flags and always seek specialist advice if symptoms persist.
- Overweight or obese women are at higher risk of blood clots including in early pregnancy.