Presentation from WHO's 'A Decade of Patient Safety 2020-2030: Formulating Global Patient Safety Action Plan' patient safety meeting in Geneva.
Key learning points
Education and training of healthcare workers
- Equip the workforce with the fundamental knowledge and skills of human factors/ergonomics.
- Support, promote and embed the discipline in the practitioner’s professional training and development.
- Empower participation in human factor/ergonomic initiatives.
- Draw on existing expertise.
- Comprehensive, resilient, proactive patient safety programme.
- Safety culture (not punitive to individual).
- Risk management system.
- Programme evaluation, meaningful and informative indicators, continuous learning and improvement.