On Thursday 18 March, the G20 Health and Development Partnership in collaboration with RLDatix held an Online Panel Discussion for the launch of the International Patient Safety Report: ‘The Overlooked Pandemic – How to Transform Patient Safety and Save Healthcare Systems’.
Over the past year, COVID-19 has posed unprecedented challenges yet, with one in 10 patients still harmed whilst receiving clinical care in hospital, there has never been a more important time to ask how clinical leaders, healthcare systems, national governments and the international community must act to deliver effective solutions to the overlooked pandemic of patient safety.
“The Overlooked Pandemic” features solutions from leaders including the WHO, OECD, ILO and IAEA plus leading representatives from NGOs and the clinical frontline. To mark the launch of the report, a discussion was held with:
- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General, World Health Organization
- HRH Prince Khalid bin Bandar bin Sultan Al Saud, Ambassador, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to the United Kingdom
- Jeff Surges, CEO, RLDatix
- Dr Abdulelah Alhawsawi, G20HDP Global Ambassador and Executive Committee Member, Global Sepsis Alliance
- Dr Lucia Guidotti, Directorate General of Health Planning, Quality, Clinical Risk and Hospital Planning Ministry of Health, Italy
- Annette Kennedy, President, International Council of Nurses
- Dr Philippe Duneton, Executive Director, Unitaid