Advice from the World Health Organization (WHO) on hand hygiene for healthcare workers.
My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene
The My 5 Moments for Hand Hygiene approach defines the key moments when healthcare workers should perform hand hygiene.
This evidence-based, field-tested, user-centred approach is designed to be easy to learn, logical and applicable in a wide range of settings. This approach recommends health-care workers to clean their hands:
- before touching a patient,
- before clean/aseptic procedures,
- after body fluid exposure/risk,
- after touching a patient, and
- after touching patient surroundings.