This learning resource has been designed for frontline clinical staff who are caring for critically ill patients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This includes a wide range of healthcare professionals in acute care, from many different clinical speciality backgrounds.
You may have some previous critical care experience or none.
The information in this resource will support those refreshing critical care knowledge and skills, newly qualified doctors, those who are upskilling, and those returning to acute clinical services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Apply the current and evolving principles of personal protective equipment (PPE) in the care of COVID-19 patients.
- Apply evidence-based principles of advanced organ support and monitoring to the COVID-19 critically ill patient.
- Apply evidence-based daily practices to care of the critically ill patient.
- Develop a range of specialised self-caring practices
- Reflect critically on the complex elements required to achieve both self-awareness and self-compassion in a high-tension environment.