The Royal College of General Practitioners have put together guidance for those working in primary care.
- Consider your balance between remote and face to face care – have you got it right and how might it need to change in the months to come?
- Think about how you are going to manage respiratory symptoms over the winter and be aware of the issues with COVID-19 in children and what to do if resuscitation is needed.
- Shielding is paused and is unlikely to return in the same form as at the start of the pandemic.
- Know about the standard operating procedure (SOP) for primary care
- Appraisal is restarting in a very light-touch way and there are other changes to administration.
- Continue to wear PPE when seeing patients face to face, and continue planning for a much bigger flu vaccination season than usual.
- Death certification requirements are relaxed for as long as the Coronavirus Act is in force.
- Look after yourself and your staff.
- Continue to plan ahead; this will be a marathon, not a sprint.
- Your core clinical skills are still important.
Coronavirus – Top 10 tips on what to do in primary care (last updated 9 November 2020) https://elearning.rcgp.org.uk/pluginfile.php/149508/mod_page/content/72/Coronavirus%20-%20what%20to%20do%20in%20primary%20care_TH_09_11_20_OLE.pdf
0 reactions so far