The purpose of this NHS document is to inform the commissioning of post-COVID syndrome assessment clinics. This guidance will assist local healthcare systems in establishing and maintaining post-COVID assessment services for patients experiencing long-term health effects following COVID-19 infection.
Below is a list of substantive updates:
• The clinical case definition and evidence summary has been updated in line with NICE/SIGN/RCGP guidance and recent advances in understanding of the condition.
• A clear clinical pathway has been developed and is detailed here.
• Further information on service design has been included, based on consensus of established services and NICE/SIGN/RCGP guidance.
• A specific section on children and young people is included here.
• Further developments on data and information are included here including minimum datasets for coding in primary care and post-COVID assessment services.
• Further clarification on the data strategy including coding, registry, and reporting.
• A review of patient reported outcome and experience measures.
• Further details on addressing health inequalities have been included throughout.