In this blog, Jeremy Hunt MP, Founder of Patient Safety Watch, outlines six priorities for the new Health Secretary, Therese Coffey MP. He argues that these patient safety priorities will help reduce elective and emergency pressures and save money.
The six patient safety priorities outlined by Jeremy Hunt are:
- Develop a credible and comprehensive NHS and social care workforce plan
- Reform primary care by bringing back individual GP lists
- Provide a timetable by which the recommendations from the Ockenden Review will be implemented
- Scrap national NHS targets
- Join forces with the Treasury and radically reform our litigation and compensation systems
- Revamp the Learning from Deaths programme so that all Trusts are publishing data on the avoidable deaths that happen in their services