Hi all, I had a great meeting with @Neal Jones yesterday and in a wide ranging discussion we reflected on design and human factors. I recall some great work many years ago on the redesign of ambulances (that the NPSA contributed to) and wondered what happened to that initative and whether this had developed into designing new hospitals for patient safety. @Neal Jones recalled the DOME (designing out medical error) project http://www.domeproject.org.uk/index.html. This web site is dated 2010 and it seems to have been a three year funded project. Is this innovative approach still 'live?' Does anyone know of any work on human factors in hospital design to deliver safer care (processes, equipment, layout, technology etc)? In the UK or internationally?
By googling I've found articles on specific departmental inititaives and people calling for more to be done but not much of the 'how' or any requirment to embed patient safety into new build hospital deisgn. Surely there must be soemthing?!!
Registered address:
Patient Safety Learning, China Works SB203, 100 Black Prince Road Vauxhall, London, SE1 7SJ
Important Information
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.
Hi all, I had a great meeting with @Neal Jones yesterday and in a wide ranging discussion we reflected on design and human factors. I recall some great work many years ago on the redesign of ambulances (that the NPSA contributed to) and wondered what happened to that initative and whether this had developed into designing new hospitals for patient safety. @Neal Jones recalled the DOME (designing out medical error) project http://www.domeproject.org.uk/index.html. This web site is dated 2010 and it seems to have been a three year funded project. Is this innovative approach still 'live?' Does anyone know of any work on human factors in hospital design to deliver safer care (processes, equipment, layout, technology etc)? In the UK or internationally?
By googling I've found articles on specific departmental inititaives and people calling for more to be done but not much of the 'how' or any requirment to embed patient safety into new build hospital deisgn. Surely there must be soemthing?!!