Social prescribing services and link workers have the potential to make a big difference to the lives of people with musculoskeletal conditions such as arthritis or back pain. This webinar hosted by the Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Alliance (ARMA) aims to help you understand musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions, their prevention, their impact, and how to consider this when you meet clients.
Healthy bones, joints and muscles are fundamental to our ability to move, be active, work and engage in activities we enjoy. MSK health underpins our ability to live healthy and independent lives. MSK conditions are the single biggest cause of years lived with disability in the UK and the resulting pain and lack of mobility can have a huge impact on a person’s life.
This webinar is aimed at people without a detailed knowledge of MSK conditions and will help you know how best to support people living with such conditions. It will cover:
- Common MSK conditions and their impact on daily life
- Self-management – what helps including physical activity, diet, weight and daily activities
- Mental health
- Work and education
- What patient organisations can offer
- A social prescribing perspective
The webinar is designed to complement ARMA's guide for link workers and social prescribing services.
- Wendy Holden, Arthritis Action Medical Advisor & Honorary Consultant Rheumatologist
- Sarah Holden, Head of Public Health Services, City Health Care Partnership CIC
- Shantel Irwin, Chief Executive, Arthritis Action
ARMA would like to thank Arthritis Action for their support of this webinar.
There are no comments to display.
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now