The UK Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) Competence Framework provides a detailed framework of the things that you need to know and the things that you need to do when delivering best practice PBS to people with learning disabilities who are at risk of behaviour that challenges. The objectives of the framework are that:
- More individuals with learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge will benefit from high-quality, evidence-based support delivered by competent professionals working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Practitioners will benefit from professional development and occupational standards.
- Organisations supporting individuals with learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge will be able to employ practitioners with a greater degree of certainty about competence and quality.
- Commissioners will have a greater understanding of the nature and use of PBS in practice.
- Practice based research will contribute to the growing evidence base for PBS.