This NHS ten-point action plan demonstrates how the whole NHS system will work together to recover urgent and emergency care (UEC) services, focusing on the immediate and medium-term actions we can take collectively.
The NHS has a plan on how the whole system will work together to ensure UEC services have resilience, by:
- Supporting 999 and 111 services.
- Supporting primary care and community health services to help manage the demand for UEC services.
- Supporting greater use of Urgent Treatment Centres .
- . Increasing support for Children and Young People.
- Using communications to support the public to choose services wisely.
- Improving in-hospital flow and discharge.
- Supporting adult and children’s mental health needs.
- Reviewing Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) measures to ensure a proportionate response.
- Reviewing staff COVID self isolation rules.
- Ensuring a sustainable UEC workforce.